Sunday 14 October 2012

Roto Work

As small practice after our lesson on Rotoscoping, I decided to merely try to do a better job at home with the video of a Tram coming up a hill.

As you can see from the video, it is off kilter, I shall be seeing if I can solve this for next time.
On this particular tram I found that the less beziers I made for the outlining of the tram, the easier it would be to manipulate and control how it works.

I of course learn this at the end, as, after reviewing what I had done, it resembles that of what you would view under a microscope in science class, however, but practice makes perfect, and I found the Tram making it's way up the hill far easier than what I tried to achieve in class, the tram rotating on the spot.

I hope to re-visit the plane roto again, as this one was with only one outline, as the plane would require many as it comes in to pass the camera and fully show its side.

What I have learned from this one was:

- Find a good video capture program.
- The less points, the easier, unless you are willing to go through the hard work, and unless the shape needs more points.
- Practice, practice, practice.


I also found that listening to some music whilst doing the roto work helped greatly, as time fly's when you do this work, but keeping yourself occupied whilst doing it helped me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment